This is what I, the editor and founder of Heart of Flesh Literary Journal, believe with all of my heart (taken from the “Nicene Creed”):
- I believe in one God, the Father almighty, maker of heaven and earth, of all things seen and unseen.
- I believe in Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God, begotten not made in one in being with the Father; through him all things were made.
- For us and for our salvation, I believe Jesus came down from heaven, and by the power of the Holy Spirit was conceived of the virgin Mary, and became man. For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate. He suffered, died, and was buried, and rose again on the third day in fulfillment of the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit, the giver of life, who proceeds from the Father and the Son, who with the Father and the Son is worshiped and glorified, who has spoken through the prophets.
- I believe in one, universal church. I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead and the life of the world to come.