Heart of Flesh is now OPEN for submissions for a brand-new issue!
We are looking for:
- Short stories
- Flash fiction
- Creative nonfiction
- Art and photography
with Christian themes for Issue #5.
Read more about who we are HERE.
- Short Stories (Fiction and Nonfiction): 1 piece at a time (4,000 words max)
- Flash Fiction: up to 3 pieces at a time (700 words per piece, max). Please submit all pieces in one document.
- Poetry: up to 3 poems at a time (no length limits). Please submit all poems in one document.
- Art & Photography: up to 3 pieces at a time. Please send as JPEG/JPG.
You may submit work for multiple categories at the same time, but please do so in the same e-mail if possible.
Only submit ONCE per reading period. If you are accepted or rejected please wait until the next reading cycle to submit again.
We accept simultaneous submissions as long as you let us know immediately if you are accepted elsewhere.
Please do not send previously published work.
Reading period: February 1 – March 31
We are looking for Christian Testimonies for our Blog!
A Christian testimony is the story of how a person came to know Jesus Christ. It often includes (but is not limited to):
- the story of a person’s life before Christ
- the story of how the Lord saved him/her
- a short reflection of his/her new life in Christ
Word count: between 500 – 4,000 words
Testimonies may be previously published. We only ask for the non-exclusive right to publish it on our blog.
A selection of testimonies will be posted weekly during the month of April in our blog, separate from our regularly published issues.
Reading Period: February 1 – March 31
To get a feel for our journal, check out Issue Four:
Questions? Contact our editor HERE.